Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I'm Awe-full

The english language really doesn't make too much sense. I'm really glad I learned it as my first language and didn't have to figure it out later.

Words such as; careful, suspenseful, powerful, painful--are easy to figure out their meanings. Take the ending (full) and add it to the beginning--full of care, full of suspense, full of power, etc.

But Awful makes no sense. It's definition is along the lines of terrible, dreadful, bad. But the word Awe doesn't mean that at all--to be in Awe of something is to be overwhelmed by wonder and admiration. It can mean to have a reverent fear. So I like to use this word in that way--not as something terrible but something full of awe.

And I am full of awe. I am absolutely amazed and overwhelmed. God has taken my life and transformed it. I never imagined what life could be.

This blog is dedication to telling of the saving grace of Christ, it's about the transforming power of the Spirit and it's about the life of a servant to the King.

No comments:

Post a Comment