Monday, June 6, 2011

Sow Sow Sow Sow Sow Sow Sow Sow Sow Sow Sow Sow

Sow. Reap what you sow.

Pastor Matt took a little hiatus from the John messages he's been going through on Sunday mornings. This week we turned to Galatians 6:9 "And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up."

Sow. Do good. Persevere.

I have been growing weary and lazy. I have been letting my situations rule my thoughts instead of Him who carries me. I have grown weary of not knowing whether or not my girls will be taken from me. I have grown weary of loving the people I don't want to love. I have grown weary of sweeping up cigarette butts that are littered on my sidewalk. I have grown weary of having foul and disgusting language fill my living room, I have grown weary of watching the godlessness of W. Elm street fill my days.

I have grown weary of myself and how easily I get discouraged. I am weary of my selfishness and just plain stupidness.

But the mini message before the message was on Psalm 20. Trusting in Him. Trusting in God-not in chariots and horses or whatever else we rely on in our lives.

I've been trusting in the future and hope that it will be "better" and in doing so, neglecting the present and where God has us now.

Admittedly I've spent some time (a week or so) having my feathers ruffled and holding some sort of useless grudge against God. In my small feeble mind I thought we should have had Black Rock Road (and my heart hurts even thinking about it) but I have to just stop it, and rest in the knowledge that He wants what's best for us...and for now, it is W Elm Street.


Sow and trust. Sow and trust. Sow and trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment